Tap into the power of the global markets with our innovative solutions
Our advanced, cross-asset solutions bring ideas into action, leveraging in-depth research, sophisticated hedging strategies and a full line-up of execution services to help you get the most from the market.
At CIBC Capital Markets, we believe that best execution means helping our clients achieve their objectives in an increasingly complex trading environment. Bringing together human capital and intelligent technology, we add value for our clients by delivering the strategic guidance to turn market complexity into an advantage. In turn, our clients can navigate today’s intricate markets with confidence.
The Mid-Markets Solutions Group provides broad-based industry coverage nationally, and specific sector coverage.
Our clients benefit from our robust set of capabilities across foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, and commodities, including:
- Full service capabilities with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver and Chicago;
- Positioned to provide competitive pricing and access to vanilla and structured hedging products.
- Primary liquidity agent to the Canadian dollar market and Canada’s foremost Commodity Index provider;
- Develop and trade tailored structured products across interest rate derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities.
- Access customized trade ideas to meet client-specific financing, operating, hedging and investing needs;
- Boutique coverage through our Corporate Finance Solutions Group, providing no-cost advisory on capital structure, risk management, and financial statement analysis for public and private side clients.
- Access to global cross-asset research published daily through our award-winning Economics & Macro Strategy groups;
- Bespoke guidance created to address our clients’ specific needs.
A recognized leader committed to excellence
Canadian Structured Products Issuer of the Year
mtn-I Americas Structured Note Awards
Most helpful analyst in rates research by firm 2018-2019
Greenwich Associates: Canadian Fixed-Income Investors
2nd largest sponsor of Asset-Backed Commercial Paper conduits in Canada
DBRS/Moody’s (ABCP data as of March 2021)
Ian Pollick named Best Fixed Income Strategist for 3rd consecutive year
Greenwich Client Experience Survey